Media is a dynamic and fast growing industry. Each and every day the media industry presents different forms of valuable information for people to absorb. They feed us with live and exciting information on current events happening around the world through prominent mediums such as news, television, documentaries, films, and radio. But, what is the need of transcription services in the media industry? Before finding the answer to this question, it is very important to have a clear understanding about the term media transcription and how it proves to be vital for media professionals.
Media transcription is the process of converting specific audio or video files into text formats. Since media professionals are very busy in their own job area, they may not be able to manage all the documentation tasks on their own. Whatever media business you may be engaged in, it is very important to capture current updates or information and post them without any time delay. Transcribing audio or video files within a specific timeframe can prove to be a really challenging task for any media professional. Outsourcing these transcription tasks to a professional and reliable media transcription company is therefore the ultimate solution for this problem.
Need for Reliable Media Transcription Services
Media professionals deal with a number of audio or video files or information in different formats on a day to day basis. These professionals cannot waste their valuable time doing in-house transcription, and this would also seriously affect their budget line. The need for a reliable outsourcing partner arises in such situations. Reputable companies offer top quality services in accordance with the specific needs of customers but at an affordable price range. Professional media companies offer documentation services for the following sectors:
• Radio, News and Television broadcasts
• Corporate meetings
• Focus groups
• Training sessions
• Videotaped events
• Special reports
• Game shows and many more
A reputable media transcription company utilizes the services of a skilled and experienced team of transcriptionists, proofreaders and quality assurance staff to evaluate the level of accuracy.
What Are the Key Benefits of Outsourcing Media Transcription?
• Confidentiality – A professional media transcription firm follows strict procedures to maintain the security and confidentiality of the media files submitted for transcription. As part of these security measures, FTP or browser based 256 bit encryption protocol is used for file transfers.
• Time Stamping and Captioning – Reliable service providers offer time codes for audio / video files based on individual client needs. Subtitles and captions for different types of files are also provided as part of the media transcription service provided by an experienced media company.
• Multilevel quality checks and 99 percent accuracy – To ensure top quality and accurate media transcripts, a reputable firm conducts multilevel quality checks. A team of qualified and experienced transcriptionists, quality analysts and proofreaders carry out the quality checks to ensure 99% accuracy with good audio.
• Competitive Pricing – Only a professional service provider will be able to offer transcription services at affordable pricing. Most of the companies offer at least 30 – 40% savings on cost.
• Dictation Options – Media professionals are usually provided two main dictation options, namely toll free number and digital recorder by their outsourcing partner.
• Document Flow Management System – The outsourcing firm incorporates a document flow management system which allows clients to edit or view transcripts.
The above mentioned points will certainly help you to understand the importance of choosing a reliable outsourcing firm for transcription services. A thorough online search will help you locate a trustworthy and professional transcription company that can provide you customized media transcription services at a cost-effective price.